Finishing up our Lightning week on the show, I’ve got a Guy’s Take on all the different applications I think are viable here in the early days of Lightning, and also what decentralized projects may make sense on Lightning, but are pointless as “utility tokens.”
• Sat4Ads (The real BAT)
• Why utility tokens are backwards economics
• Fold, BitRefill, & Lolli
• Making Bitcoin bills make sense
• Watchtowers for decentralized backups
• A new e-commerce?
& tons more!
Here’s some more great listens to go deeper down the rabbit hole with today’s discussion:
• Minimum Viable Decentralization [Simon Morris]
• Estimating and Minimizing Consumer Worry [Nick Szabo]
• Richard Myers on a Lightning Powered Global Mesh
If you want to join in the Cryptoconomy Telegram and help support turning all of the best Bitcoin literature into audio, become a patron below!
This episode is sponsored by
· Techathlon Podcast: The Techathlon podcast is a weekly podcast that catches you up on the latest tech news through games, trivia, and (usually) friendly competitions. https://open.spotify.com/show/1HRe3KlPaYUVgs1zTcsztO?si=7f0rYgqhQ5WUmFbpwdKXZw
Send in a voice message: https://ift.tt/2LQ0pFP
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/thecryptoconomy/support